You’re getting ready for all the Thanksgiving Day trappings. Your mouth is watering just thinking of that juicy, flavorful turkey. You’ll add stuffing, and mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce to your plate. You’ll eat until you will burst with one more bite. But you’ll eat that slice of pumpkin pie with too much whip cream anyway. That’s what Thanksgiving is all about, right? Have you stopped to consider the true meaning of this harvest holiday? What are you thankful for this year? Sometimes, in order to move forward, it helps to assess where you’ve been and take a look at the best parts of your life. What do you have to be grateful for this holiday season?
- Family and friends. Do you live far from some of your family or friends? Give them a call and tell them that you love them. Tell them why you’re grateful to have them in your life.
- Your job. Do you say “Thank You” to your coworkers when they help you out? What about your clients or bosses? When you express gratitude in the workplace, you’ll find yourself happier and more motivated.
- Your home and lifestyle. What do you like to do when you’re not at work? These extracurricular activities are important to ensuring your overall health and wellbeing. Be sure to set time aside during the stressful holiday seasons to enjoy what you love.
So how do you show your gratitude?
- Pay it forward. Doing spontaneous things for others can be an easy way to feel more grateful in your life. Do good deeds when you don’t expect a reward, like paying for coffee for the person behind you in line. The more you pay it forward, the more you’ll notice the small gestures of gratitude around you.
- Keep track of the good stuff. Another great way to be more grateful in your life is to write things down. Keep a gratitude journal or a happiness jar at your desk. Every time something good happens, write it down. When you’re having a bad day, go back to it to feel the boost of motivation to keep you going.
Meador Staffing wants to wish you and your family a very happy holiday!