Our client, based in Houston, is currently seeking a qualified accountant to join their team for a direct hire position. This staff accountant must have good communication, an eye for detail, and likes tackling projects.
The position is responsible for cash management, daily bank transfers and daily bank reconciliations. Will also handle monthly inventory movements, weekly inventory reports, and monthly general ledger reconciliation. The accountant will also handle job cost and billing review as needed. Daily sales and use tax returns, and monthly license renewals along with any additional projects as needed.
A qualified candidate will have a BBA or BS in accounting along with at least 2 to 3 years’ experience in accounting. Must be comfortable with problem analysis and problem solving skills. Our client is looking for a candidate who is a self-starter and who can hit the ground running.
Salary range is $55,000 to $60,000 based on previous experience. According to Salary.com this is the average salary for intermediate level staff accountants in the Houston area.
Construction Project Superintendent
We are currently working with a client in Denver, Colorado, seeking a construction project superintendent for a direct hire position.
The superintendent directs activities of workers concerned with construction of buildings, apartment complexes, commercial facilities, restaurants or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
The following are minimum pre-requisites for the position of Superintendent: you must have an associate’s degree and over 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as well as the ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities including training, directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing/resolving problems that may arise. You must have excellent problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our client also requires experience in multi-family construction.
The essential job functions of the Superintendent include but are not limited to the following:
- Schedule the projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Confer with Project Manager, owners, and contractors to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to workers and clients.
- Plan, organize, and direct on-site activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities and systems.
- Take actions to deal with the result of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Oversee subcontractors who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
- Investigate damage, accidents or delays on construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Processes supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- All other duties as assigned.