Join Foley Gardere employment law attorneys Cristina Portela Solomon and Michael Ryan, for an interactive and engaging discussion on what’s new on #MeToo era, as well as other increased workplace challenges that employers and Boards and shareholders are facing. The topics and questions of discussion will include:
- The Magnitude of #MeToo. With the abundance of allegations continuing to make headlines from Hollywood, to the halls of Congress and upper management, how are employers, Boards, and shareholders reacting? What has stayed the same? What’s different?
- Legislative Updates. There have been efforts in Texas and elsewhere to limit the enforceability of nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements, as well as restricting the use of arbitration agreements for workplace misconduct claims. What does this mean for employers?
- The Dark Side of #MeToo. Weinstein Clauses, closed door meetings and secret internal investigations: Has the movement empowered complainants to report current and past conduct or, instead, pushed women out of executive communications?
- Internal Investigation Considerations. When it comes to making an informed decision regarding possible action in response, who should investigate? What aspects of the investigation are privileged?
- Best Practices for the New Workplace Environment. Employers should consider implementing best practices and anti-harassment training to engage and address these challenging times of the #Me Too movement, from the Board room to the break room. Learn how to effectively administer training.
Cristina Portela Solomon
Cristina Portela Solomon is a partner in the labor group at Foley Gardere’s Houston office. Cristina provides business solutions to employers seeking to be proactive in effectively managing their workforce, while complying with the numerous and complex employment laws governing the employee relationship. Cristina Solomon’s 34-year legal career has been devoted exclusively to representing management in all phases of labor and employment law. Her clients recognize the value of practical advice that is geared toward avoiding the uncertainties of litigation and focuses on making sound business decisions and reaching early resolution. When disputes cannot be resolved, Cristina Solomon is a seasoned trial lawyer with an excellent track record on trial successes on behalf of employers.
Michael Ryan is a labor and employment associate in Foley Gardere’s Houston office. His practice involves all aspects of employment litigation and counseling employers on a wide-range of employment matters, including hiring and firing decisions, trade secret and restrictive covenants, enforcement of personnel policies, leave issues, accommodations, drug testing laws, classification of employees and other wage and hour matters, safety regulations, and governmental investigations.
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
722A Fairmont Parkway
Pasadena, Texas 77504
Join us for this FREE seminar in our corporate office.
Please RSVP by September 6, 2019 to email@example.com